I’ve been helping some friends create a syllabus for a course on effective altruism, and as part of this effort I compiled a list of existing reading lists on the topic. Am I missing anything?
- Luc Bovens & Stephan Chambers (London School of Economics)
- Tom Bry-Chevalier & Antonin Broi (Paris Sciences et Lettres University)
- Mark Budolfson (University of Vermont)
- Stephen Casper (Harvard University)
- Richard Yetter Chappell [earlier course] (University of Miami)
- Izzy Gainsburg (University of Michigan)
- Gilad Feldman (University of Hong Kong)
- Hilary Greaves (University of Oxford)
- Hilary Greaves & Frank Arntzenius (University of Oxford)
- Ted Lechterman (Stanford University)
- William MacAskill & Christian Tarsney (University of Oxford)
- David Manley (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor)
- Geoffrey Miller (University of New Mexico)
- Theron Pummer & Tim Mulgan (University of St Andrews)
- Sophie Rose
- Rohin Shah and others [more details] (University of California, Berkeley)
- Peter Singer (Coursera)
- Bonnie Talbert (Harvard University)
- Kerry Vaughan (Rice University)
- Kristine West & Jeff Johnson (St. Catherine University)
Other reading lists
- Tyler Alterman
- Richard Batty & Oisin Moran
- Jakub Kraus
- Ben Kuhn
- Stefan Schubert and others
- Pablo Stafforini
- Students for High-Impact Charity
Update (February 2020): Julia Wise has compiled a similar list here.
Update (July 2021): I have created a separate list with courses on longtermism.
With thanks to Niel Bowerman, Michael Chen, Pepper, Rohin Shah and Bastian Stern.