Inspired perhaps by Luke’s movie recommendations, I have decided to pick my favorite films of the 2000s. More specifically, I’m picking one film –my favorite– for each of the ten years comprising that decade. Future posts will list my favorite films for other decades. I may revise this post as I watch new films, or as my tastes change.
I should note that I barely watched any films during the second part of the decade. This may explain why my picks for the last five years of this period are more mainstream, and arguably lower in quality.
- In the Mood for Love (Kar Wai Wong)
- Gosford Park (Robert Altman)
- Russian Ark (Aleksandr Sokurov)
- The Return (Andrey Zvyagintsev)
- Nobody Knows (Hirokazu Koreeda)
- The March of the Penguins (Luc Jacquet)
- Children of Men (Alfonso Cuarón)
- Into the Wild (Sean Penn)
- The Wrestler (Darren Aronofsky)
- Up in the Air (Jason Reitman)