This bibliography was prepared for a research project on California Proposition 2 that I undertook a while ago, while volunteering for Effective Animal Activism. As I became increasingly busy with many other activities, the project was eventually put on hold. I hope to resume work at some point in the future; in the meantime, I thought I should at least make this material public, in the hope that it might inspire others to do research in this and related areas.
- Bell, Don. 2005. A review of recent publications on animal welfare issues for table egg laying hens.
- Corbin, Dee Max. 2011. What factors influence how a state will vote on animal welfare ballot initiatives? MA thesis, Oklahoma State University.
- Kuykendall, Katherine A N N. 2012. Selected newspaper coverage of the 2008 California Proposition 2: a content analysis. MA thesis, Oklahoma State University.
- Lovvorn, Jonathan R, and Nancy V Perry. 2009. California Proposition 2: a watershed moment for animal law. Animal law 15(2): 149–170.
- Lusk, Jayson L. 2010. The effect of Proposition 2 on the demand for eggs in California. Journal of agricultural & food industrial organization 8(1).
- Newman, Matthew, Tim Gage, and Trisha Mcmahon. 2008. Fiscal and economic effects of Proposition 2. Report prepared for The Humane Society of the United States.
- Richards, Timothy J, William J Allender, Di Fang, and Maurice Doyon. 2011. Media advertising and ballot initiatives: an experimental analysis. Paper prepared for presentation at the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association’s 2011 AAEA & NAREA Joint Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Sumner, Daniel A, William A Matthews, Joy A Mench, and J Thomas Rosen-molina. 2010. The economics of regulations on hen housing in California. Journal of agricultural and applied economics 42(3): 429–438.
- Thapar, Neil. 2011. Taking (live) stock of animal welfare in agriculture: comparing two ballot initiatives. Hastings women’s law journal 22(2): 317–338.